National Day of Adventure 2020 October 16, 2020
National Chess Day… sure. Cupcake day… we’re interested. But National Day of Adventure…? We’re all in!
Each year, Adventure closes our offices on the second Friday of October so members of our team can go out and do what makes us happy: Adventuring! Here’s what we got up to for National Day of Adventure #NDOA2020
Some Adventurers took to the woods & wetlands, soaking in the incredible fall colors for NDOA.
Hiking & Biking spots included:
- Stearn’s County Quarry Park & Nature Reserve
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Sherburne Wildlife Refuge Blue Hill Trail
- Minnesota River Bottoms Trail
- Saint John’s Arboretum
- Hiking outside of Raleigh, NC
- Superior Hiking Trail
- Taylor’s Falls
- Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trails
- Jay Cooke State Park
Other Adventurers got off the beaten path and did things a little differently.
- Kayaking the St. Croix river (launching at Taylor’s Falls)
- Teepee camping and riding at a horse ranch in Hudson, WI
- Dirt biking to the Ringing Rocks formation in Pipestone, MT
- Mars-gazing in Collegeville, MN
- Carlson’s Llovable Llamas in Waconia, MN
- Fishing with family on Chisago Lake, MN
- Hiking a 14-er at Mt. Bierstadt, CO
- Kayaking on Little Hanging Horn Lake, MN
- Launching an Argo on the Slough
- Hiking & Hooping the Lakes District in Northern England – Scafell Pike (England’s highest mountain), Helvellyn and Striding Edge
We were fortunate to have the last 80 degree day of the year (in Minnesota, at least) to spend the day exploring and adventuring. We’ll see you out on the trails, on the lake, or climbing a mountain well before #NDOA2021.